YELLLOW ALERT FOUNDATION
SUPPORTING HEALTH & EDUCATIONAL CHANGES IN AFRICA
Non-profit Organization focused on training Nurses, Midwives, Community health extension workers, Traditional birth attendants across rural areas in Nigeria.
YELLOW ALERT PROJECT was founded in 2016 as a project but has evolved into a full blown nonprofit organization in 2021 focused on training Nurses, Midwives, Community Health Extension Workers, Traditional Birth Attendants across rural areas in Nigeria.
Our mission is to provide access to maternity & newborn essentials as well as other lifesaving supplies, tools and information that they need to live and be healthy while having their baby and subsequently.
Our core vision is to reduce maternal and child mortality in Nigeria to the nearest minimum so we sensitize pregnant women on health practices during and after pregnancy, advocate for immunization especially for infants below 2 years.
oUR CORE ACTIVITIES
– Educate Frontline Health Workers and Traditional Birth Assistants on how to care for jaundiced babies with new technology- Newly improved phototherapy units.
– Train Traditional Birth Attendants on how to identify & care for jaundiced babies in rural communities.
– Sensitize pregnant and nursing mothers in the area of neonatal jaundice & essential newborn care.
– Advocate for immunization especially for infants below 2years.
– Provision of maternal and infant tools to rural hospitals.
– Training of frontline health workers- Nurses & Midwives in rural communities, Community Health Extension Workers (CHEWs) and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs).
Billi jaundice kit
A handy color gradated ruler for mothers and caregivers can use to check skin color for jaundice in their newborns.
See how midwives, Community Health Workers, Traditional Birth Attendants are learning to use it.
Proudly Sponsored by:
HOW YOU CAN HELP
MAKE A DONATION
START A FUND
JOIN OUR EFFORTS
SO FAR WE HAVE HELPED
JOIN MAILING LIST
Stay up to date on our news & trends, read stories of the yellow alert foundation,
and learn how the philanthropic landscape is changing.